Steel Wheels Bourbon Express Update
- March 20, 2017
- Pre-Rally Events
- 0 Comments
The Steel Wheels Bourbon Express
Educational Bourbon Sampling & Train Ride to benefit the Steel Horse Rally Inc.
Saturday, March 25th, 2017; Boarding at Miss Laura’s Visitor’s Center
2 North B Street, Fort Smith, Arkansas 72901
Please arrive no later than 5:30 p.m. (Please arrive earlier if you have not made your donation for your tickets and/or have not picked up or tickets and/or have not turned in the Passenger Release Form)
For Map and Directions, click here
Congratulations and thank you to those of you who got a ticket on the very first Steel Wheels Bourbon Express which will be taking place this Saturday, March 25th: an educational bourbon tasting and train ride to benefit the Steel Horse Rally Inc. charity. We are asking everyone to please arrived by 5:30 p.m. (and to arrive by 5:15 p.m. if you haven’t paid for and/or picked up your tickets yet).
The Steel Wheels Bourbon Express is the first of its kind: is an educational bourbon tasting and train ride aboard the Arkansas & Missouri Railroad to benefit the Steel Horse Rally Inc. We would like to extend our sincere thanks to The Sound Room and the Western Arkansas Plastic, Reconstructive & Hand Surgery Center for stepping up and being the Premiere Sponsor of the Steel Wheels Bourbon Express by sponsoring the “Explorer” train car. A special thanks to Dr. Jim and Pam Kelly who made this possible. This sponsorship has helped us tremendously with the incurred cost and will inevitably help us raise more for the Steel Horse Rally Inc. charity. Thanks also to the Courtyard by Marriott who has offered Steel Wheels Specials (and still has specials available during the 2017 Steel Horse Rally).
There are a few things that you will need to do before boarding the train:
- Be sure and get there early, by 5:30 if at all possible (and by 5:15 p.m. if you still need to pay for and/or pick up your tickets). You will need to check in and get your ticket to ride!
- Bring your photo ID (All participants must be 21 or older and have a current/valid photo ID). Present it to the smiling Steel Horse Rally board member who will be giving you your tickets. Please understand that everyone will be carded.
- You will need to sign a release in order to board the train. If you’ve already filled one out, please either e-mail it to info@TheSteelHorseRally.com by Friday, March 24th or bring it with you. You can sign/print a release form here: SteelWheelsReleaseForm
- If you’ve already paid, please bring either a copy of your receipt or present the ID of the person who purchased the tickets. For those who have not made a donation for your tickets yet, you must pay before boarding the train. There are several ways you can do this. We would prefer that you pay in advance if at all possible. (If you are planning on paying the day of the vent, we ask that you please arrive by 5:15 p.m. so we can process your payment and get a receipt to you.) Tickets are $75 each. (Please note: Tickets are sold out. If you haven’t already contacted us and your name is not on the list, you cannot purchase a ticket; We can add your name to the waiting list). You can pay in advance online, or by phone but please note that an additional $5 processing fee will be added to your total. You can pay credit card or bank card online by clicking here or call 479-414-3775 Monday through Friday.
- Get ready to smile! We will be taking some group photos before the event.
- Be ready to ride and have a great time all for a great cause: the help the Steel Horse Rally Inc.! Please note, the train will be leaving at 6 p.m. so don’t be late!
Please note: When the train arrives back at Miss Laura’s you can leave your vehicle overnight, but it MUST be moved by Noon on Sunday, March 26th (or it will be towed)!
We are really looking forward to seeing you all at this very special event!